In addition to constructing new schools and renovating and repurposing existing schools, the 2008 Bond Program has allocated $96 million for technology upgrades. This allocation is split between student access ($37 million), tools and security ($30 million), and infrastructure ($29 million).
The technology upgrades impact the classroom by providing:
- Teacher and student computers
- Data network upgrades
- Video services to classrooms including educational digital cable television
- Multimedia management
- Portable building connectivity
- Student record systems
The upgrades also help create digital classrooms that include:
- Data network and wireless overlay
- Student stations and laptop carts
- Classroom audio system
- Video projector with multimedia management
- Interactive white boards
- Document camera
Technology upgrades are key to improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our instructional programs and school operations as we move into the future.